SonALAsense Symposium: A New Era in Non-Invasive Neurosurgical Procedures for Brain Tumors
Join us at the 2023 Society for Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC for a groundbreaking symposium titled "Sonodynamic Therapy: An Innovative Non-Invasive Neurosurgical Procedure for Brain Tumors." This lunch-time session will bring together basic scientists and clinicians working in neuro-oncology and provide an opportunity for learning, scientific discussion, and networking.
Date: Friday, November 17th, 2023
Time: 12:45-2:15 pm PST
Location: 28th Annual SNO Meeting in Vancouver BC, Canada
About Sonodynamic Therapy
Sonodynamic therapy represents the forefront of developing non-invasive neurosurgical approaches for treating brain tumors. Our symposium will gather a group of renowned thought leaders who are pioneering studies in sonodynamic therapy. Key discussions will include:
• Preclinical projects investigating the effectiveness and potential of sonodynamic therapy
• Exploration of the mechanism of action behind sonodynamic therapy
• Data on the first-ever clinical trials utilizing sonodynamic therapy to treat recurrent glioblastoma and pediatric high-grade glioma
• Ely Benaim, MD (CMO, Executive Vice President, Development, SonALAsense)
• Kullervo Hynynen, M.Sc., PhD (Vice President, Research and Innovation, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
• Hasan Syed, MD (Director, Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship, Children's National Hospital, DC)
• Nader Sanai, MD (Chief, Neurosurgical Oncology, Director, Ivy Brain Tumor Center)
Come to engage, learn, and contribute to shaping the future of neuro-oncology. Don't miss this unique opportunity to be part of a community working together to advance innovative and life-saving solutions.